Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mid-Morning Snack

Mid-morning Snack


Week 4-Day 3


 

I just sat down to eat my mid-morning snack and update my status. I can’t believe I’m in week 4 of The Fast Metabolism Diet. I’ve been on other diets this long, but not with this much zeal. I again flipped through the food list that Pomroy has in her book, and marveled at everything I get to eat. There have been no feelings of deprivation during this whole time.

 

(Once again, I feel like I’m eating too much, but last week I thought one of the reasons I didn’t lose weight is because I didn’t eat enough, so this week I’m trying to do better.)

 

Looking at my list, I decided to eat nitrate-free roast beef lunchmeat. The app that I have (yes, there’s an app!) informs me that I need to eat 6 oz. of beef. Of course the package has the roast beef listed in grams. Do you know how many grams are in an ounce? Neither did I. Usually I get out the scales and weigh my food, but it’s such a hassle. The scales take a 9-volt battery and the only 9-volt battery in the house is in the Farmer’s alarm clock. So I have to take it out of the alarm clock, put it into the scales, weigh the meat or other food, take it out of the scales, and put it back into the alarm clock. The problem always seems to be the last part…putting it back. So I’d thought I would just figure it out mathematically.

 

So being the quick math expert that I am, I googled “how many grams are in an ounce”? There are 28.3495 grams in 1 ounce. The rest of the math I did on the calculator and figured out how may slices of roast beef I could have. I took the first bite and remembered that I could have sugar-free pickles, so I wrapped the remaining beef slices around pickle spears…delicious and very doable!

 

Here’s the math problem, see if you can figure out how many slices I could eat:

 

Cindra went on The Fast Metabolism Diet to lose 100 pounds. On Wednesday, 5/29, she went to the refrigerator to get her 10:30 AM snack. When she opened the second drawer in the right side of her 2-door refrigerator, she pulled out 1 box of Sara Lee’s nitrate-free roast beef. She opened 1 of the 2 packages of vacuumed packed lunch meat to discover that each serving contained 2 slices of roast beef and that there were 5 servings per container. If 1 serving equals 45 grams, how many slices of roast beef should Cindra take out if she were going to eat 6 ounces of nitrate-free roast beef?

Circle one:

A)    4 slices

B)    7 slices

C)    My teacher told me to always choose “C”

D)    I don’t care, I’m not in school any more

 

 

Now if I could just master drinking enough water.

 


 

 

 

No comments: