Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eating Too Much

Week 3-day 2

The first week on The Fast Metabolism Diet was a learning experience. I’ve been on several diets, but this is the first one that I’ve ever gotten tired of eating. I had to set a timer to remind myself that it was time for a meal or a snack.

 

According to the plan, the more you have to lose the more you are supposed to eat. Of course, you only eat specific foods in order to ignite your metabolism to burn the fat, but you do eat larger portions of healthy foods.

 

Although two foods that are near and dear to my heart are excluded in this diet (coffee and sugar), it was fairly easy to give them up. I did experience intense headaches and fatigue, but this was totally gone by the second week. There were really no sugar cravings, I assume because I was eating fruit, and definitely no time to drink or miss drinking coffee, because I had to drink so much water!

 

The book, The Fast Metabolism Diet (by Haylie Pomroy), is filled with recipes, suggested foods, food substitutes, and even a master food list to help you plan out your meals. I wanted to be faithful in doing this diet so I followed the letter of the law the first week and quickly lost 5 pounds. But like every other diet I’ve been on, I let down my guard and cheated a few times in week two—and it showed. At the end of week two I had lost only 1 pound. But that’s okay, it’s still one more pound that I didn’t gain, and I lost 5 inches in my waist!

 

So onto week three, which I started yesterday with renewed vitality. I may not be able to do this every week, but my goal for week three is to lose 5 pounds. Yesterday went well, even though my girls (dd#4 and dd#5) left their left over lunch (pizza) setting out on the counter all afternoon!

 

Here are some pics of the foods I’ve been having since I’ve been on this diet:

 


 

 

 



 

 


Seriously, I’m really not able to eat all the portions that I’m allowed, so sometimes I cut back and eat the rest at my snack time…not sure that’s what I’m suppose to do…maybe I should look that up…hmm :?

No comments: