Monday, October 29, 2012

Save Money

 

Back in January 2012, I started a coupon blog to help people save money by using coupons. On that site I have free online printable coupons from RedPlum, SmartSource, Coupons.com and Coupon Network. I also have some of the local matchup deals for the local stores like Schnucks, Target, Wal-Mart and Walgreens. Visit my coupon blog and if you like what you see, please share it with your friends.

CentsibleCouponing

 

There are other ways to save money, too:

Stockpile


You can save money by stocking up every week. When you find items that are on sale, buy two or three instead of just one. I know this can be difficult if your budget is already maxed out, but if you stock up on products that you use all the time when the price is low, you will begin to start a reserve pile.

Make Your Own


Instead of buying pre-packaged, make your own. Make homemade cookies instead of buying boxes of snack cakes. Make pancakes instead of buying the frozen waffles or Pop Tarts. My daughter makes her own cereal instead of buying pre-sweetened cereal for her kids. When you buy pre-packaged you are paying for the package. If you need convenience, then make things ahead of time and freeze them or store them in air-tight containers.

Make Fewer Trips


Make fewer trips to the grocery store. Instead of going shopping every day on the way home from work or extracurricular activities, make a grocery list and get everything at once. Try going shopping every two weeks or longer. You will save time, gas and money.

Make a List


Make a list. I make a list every time I go shopping—sometimes I leave it lying on the counter, but I do make a list. So make a list of everything you need, take it with you to the store, and try to only buy what’s on the list. *leave the kids at home so there are no “extras” placed in the shopping cart.

 

These are just a few of the things that you can do to save money with grocery shopping. Do you have any other ideas you would like to share? Leave your comment below.

3 comments:

Sandy Mullaney said...

At our old church we were almost all coupon clippers!!! We would clip EVERY coupon out!! Then we had a box in the Ladies Sunday School room...........all the ones we didn't use (like for diapers after our children were out of them or cereal our kids did not like) We put in the box and others were free to add what they didn't use and take what they needed. It helped us all!

Cindra said...

I have another blog at http://centsiblecouponing.com since I am doing coupons. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Sandy Mullaney said...

I liked it! I am going to send this link to a couple of my friends!