Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Disappointed But Not Discouraged

Week 4-Day 1


 

Okay, this is the start of my 4th week, and I am disappointed but not discouraged. This is my official weigh in day, and when I looked down at the scales I was up 2 lbs.! Well, in my prospective at least. I am suppose to weigh once a week, on Mondays, but because my scales are sitting in my bathroom, it's very easy for me to just step on them every day, several times a day. So Friday, at one point, I weighed myself and had lost 3 lbs. So I was going around telling everyone I had lost 9 lbs. so far and 5 inches around my waist.

 

I got pats on the back, congratulations, and big bright encouraging smiles. And now as I climb off the scales, crawl into the sitting room, throw open the computer to record all my successes failures, I have to access my past week and see where I messed up.

 

What happened! 

 

What I did wrong:

I ate less than I was suppose to

I skipped a couple of snacks

I ate breakfast late on a couple of days

I didn't drink as much water as I was suppose to

I ate a strawberry cream pie from McD's

 

I realize that these things separately will not cause me to gain weight, but like so many other things in life, all the little things together can make a big difference.

 

What Now!

 

Restart. I am very disappointed but not discouraged. I have been doing this diet for 3 weeks and I can see a change in my body. The weight is not the only way to record my success, I also feel my clothes fitting a little better and I don't have the stuffed feeling that I usually have throughout the day. (even when I'm eating ALL the foods I'm suppose to).

 

And as I record the weekly stats, it's not really as horrible as I had first assumed.

 

































DateWeightWeekly LostTotal lbs. to date
Starting wt.230
Week 1225-55
Week 2224-16
Week 3223-17

 

 

And to finish it off, I have lost 6 inches around my waist instead of 5. So...on to week 4!

 

...and I'm setting another goal of 5 lbs. for this week. :)

 
 

 

 

No comments: